Welcome to the Milwaukee Curling Club
The origins of curling date back to the 16th century in Scotland, where the game was played on frozen lochs and ponds. Scottish immigrants brought the game with them to North America, where it quickly spread across the northern United States and Canada. Settlers began curling on the frozen Milwaukee River in the early 1840’s and officially formed the Milwaukee Curling Club (MCC) in 1845.
The modern game of curling evolved rapidly during the 1900’s, aided in large part by the move indoors through the use of refrigerated ice. MCC relocated to Riverside Park in 1915, where two covered sheets of ice provided a fixed home for the next 55 years. In 1970, the club built a four sheet curling shed and clubhouse located at Ozaukee Country Club in Mequon, Wisconsin. Begining with the 2012 season, the club moved into a state-of-the-art 5-sheet facility located at the Ozaukee County fairgrounds in Cedarburg.
Today, Milwaukee Curling Club is the oldest curling club in continual existence in the United States.
Latest posts from Facebook
More Learn to Curl at the MCC
The Winter Olympics are right around the corner. See if this sport is as easy as the professionals make it look. “Learn to Curls” at the Milwaukee Curling Club are the perfect way to introduce yourself to this fantastic winter sport. These sessions will take you from off the street to game ready in just two hours. For more information on when these sessions are available, see our Learn To Curl page or Register Now and click on "Tickets" to select your date/time:
- Saturday, November 25, 2017 at 7:00PM - SOLD OUT
- Friday, December 22, 2017 at 7:00PM - SOLD OUT!
- Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 10:00AM - SOLD OUT!
- Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 7:00PM - SOLD OUT!
- Sunday, Febuary 11, 2018 at 10:00AM - Only a few spots left
- Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 4:00PM - SOLD OUT!
- Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 7:00PM - Only a few spots left
- Sunday, February 18, 2018 at 10:00AM
- Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 12:00PM
- Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 2:30PM - Only a few spots left
- Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 10:00AM
- Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 1:00PM - Over 1/2 Full
- Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 4:00PM
- Sunday, March 18, 2018 at 10:00AM - Over 1/2 Full
The Journal Sentinel says Learn to Curls at the Milwaukee Curling Club are a fun activity that will not break the bank. Read here - Learn to Curl Acticle
Other photos from previous Learn to Curls can be seen on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel web site.